You love your kids. You love shopping. But combining the two can be tricky. Here at Union Square we want your trip to our centre to be as pleasant as possible. Which is why we’ve got lots of things to make life for you a little bit easier, and shopping for them a little bit more fun.
We have allocated larger parking spaces for young families, making it easier to get in and out of the car with prams and pushchairs. They are:
- 13 spaces outside Marks and Spencer and Mamas & Papas in our surface car park.
- 10 spaces on Level 1 of the multi-storey car park.
- Nine on Level 2 of the multi-storey car park.
Parent and child rooms
For a bit of privacy on your shopping trip, head to one of our two parent and child rooms. Perfect for a nappy change, a feed or just some time out. The room provides a safe, clean environment for young families to take a break before getting back on the road.
- One is on the Upper Mall between Pizza Express and Sony.
- The other is on the Lower Mall between Greggs and Chopstix.
- We also have a Changing Places toilet on the East Mall. This is for older families and people with disabilities. It contains a large wall-mounted bench and hoist. There is an intercom system for entry.
All of our restaurants have high chairs, and bottle warming is available in most of them.
Things to do
- There’s a pristine baby grand piano just waiting for your Jamie Cullen impression (or your child’s rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). Find it outside The White Company and Hollister. Don't forget to upload your musical masterpieces to be featured on our social media pages with this hashtag: #USQabdn.
- Keep the kids entertained with free fun and games at Play 9, an interactive screen on the Upper Mall in between Thaikhun and Byron. Our innovative interactive play area features educational games for small children. Take a seat nearby to watch them play and learn!
- Every Sunday morning is Movies 4 Juniors at Cineworld Aberdeen, in Union Square. Come and see a film for children and their accompanying adults.
Union Square is a designated child-safe area and staff are trained to deal with lost children. As well as an emergency phone number direct to security staff printed on orange stickers in most windows, there is a wristband scheme. Collect a band from the team at our Customer Service Desk in the main atrium.