The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in maximizing profit performance by achieving sales targets within budget. He or she supports the manager in leading and developing a sales and customer service focused store team, inspires the team and all customers with our brands fashion and lifestyle image and products. Assistant Store Manager have the mind set and determination to always be better than our competitors’ set and determination to always be better than our competitors.
- Store Operations: Assists the manager in the analysis of product sales, performance and inventory needs. Communicate any inventory needs to Head Office regularly. Ensures all deliveries are unloaded, signed off and transferred to the sales floor quickly and efficiently and all relevant paperwork is completed and discrepancies reported. Ensures all rosters and tasks set out by the manager are fully carried out in the Managers absence. Completes any administration work requested by the manager and in their absence to ensure it is kept up to date and relevant information is passed onto Head Office.
Is fully competent in the operation of the POS System and utilize report facilities to analyze business needs. Ensures all deliveries are processed and recorded efficiently and report any discrepancies in the manager’s absence. Assists the manager in the achievement of store inventory shrink budgets, communication and enforcement of all loss prevention and inventory control policies and procedures.
Observe all procedures about securing the premises, staff, company monies and stock.
Ultimately, takes full responsibility for the store in the manager’s absence.
- Recruitment: Assists the manager in the recruitment of suitably competent staff in compliance with agreed company criteria.
- Training & Development: Trains the store team in all aspects and responsibilities including customer service, company history, product knowledge and store operations. Assists the manager in carrying out all staff appraisals and counseling/disciplinary procedures, in conjunction with HR Department and management. Works with the Store Manager in the implementation of customer service standards to ensure all the store team provides excellent customer service at all time.
- Store & Team: Is responsible for own health and safety and the well-being of others within the store. Ensure the sales floor and back areas are consistently cleaned and well maintained. Arrange comprehensive work rosters, covering holiday and sickness cover.
Ensure that all team members share the brand values of fashion and lifestyle.
- Years of Experience: 1 - 2 Years as Store Manager or Assistant Manager within a fashion lifestyle branded multiple or high profile independent retailer
- Ideally, literacy and numeric qualifications at a high school level are required
- At ease at organizing and running team briefings, people management & motivational skills
- Fluency in Local Language
- Good spoken and written command of English (if not native language). Other languages a plus.
- Merchandising, computer literate and knowledge of H & S, commercial awareness.
- General knowledge of Social Media and digital trends.
- Must be willing to travel on occasions.
How To Apply
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter for the attention of David Edghill to email@example.com